I have promised myself never to say something like this.
These 3 simple rules help me maintain a super low mental load:
⭐ 𝗗𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗸𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗶𝗻 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗿 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗳𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗹𝗲 𝗡𝗢𝗪
If a task is not to be done now, set a reminder at a later date and make sure you stop thinking about it until then. You shouldn't even see it!
⭐ 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘁𝗼-𝗱𝗼 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗲𝘅𝗰𝗹𝘂𝘀𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗯𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗼
- All listed tasks should be crystal clear, even if it is a note to yourself (as if you had no context), with concrete ordered actions. The minutes you take to decompose and structure the next steps of a task in your to-do will immediately pay back.
- When taking notes, they must be cleaned, structured and added to the relevant documentation on the fly, rather than stagnating inside a random private document. Let's face it, we've all done this…
⭐ 𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗳𝗼𝗰𝘂𝘀 𝘀𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼𝗽𝗶𝗰𝘀
- No one should disturb you during this time. Otherwise you’ll never have time to tackle your projects.
- Don’t be afraid to overestimate a bit the time needed for such sessions. At worst, you’ll just have some time to fine-tune.
- Implicitly this means you should have zero popping notifications, except from one or two apps maximum (calendar & whatsapp for me).
If you ever hear me saying "Je suis sous l'eau" drinks are on me for a whole month.